MGVSS has been working in India for 35 years, focusing on alleviating poverty and social exclusion in rural areas of Maharashtra. We do this through well-planned and comprehensive programs in health, education, livelihoods, Training, Awareness and Empowerment. MGVSS is helping frontline workers stay safe with suitable GEAR and PPE, distributing dry rations to feed the needy, raising awareness in our program areas for a world where all people live with dignity and security.
MGVSS was founded on 16th November 1985 by Shreeramji Ashtankar and other founding members for the betterment of rural lives and for promoting a better standard of living.
Initial works of the NGO include
- Establishment of Shelter and Training center for Distressed, widowed women and children.
- Establishment of Professional Education course college to provide courses to students from rural areas at affordable rates.
- Establishment of Higher level English education school with modern facilities for rural area for promoting the students to top level education and other overall empowerment.
- Organizing Training and Awareness camps throughout the Vidharbha Region and empowering women and children through sharing information.
- Establishment of Granted Government Schools and college in rural areas for education of the poor.
- Establishment of Engineering colleges in rural areas for higher education of people.
- Establishment of Dairies and dairy programs in rural areas for betterment of people and generating livelihood for the rural.